With its wide bay of golden sand and gentle waves, it’s no surprise that the Portuguese fishing town of Armacao de Pera is something of a beach-lovers’ paradise. An ‘armacao’ was a special fishing boat designed by Moorish tribes, and you’ll see the town’s namesake as you walk around its cobbled streets.
Armacao de Pera holidays are restful and inviting – picture a romantic scene with colourful boats scattered along the seafront and you’ll have a fairly accurate image of this dreamy bay. The town itself has plenty of bars, shops and restaurants, meaning you’ll find everything you need in the resort – you’ll never be far from a local grilled fish of the day or a good ice cream parlour. But if you do choose to strike out and explore, the wider Algarve region offers an abundance of sightseeing, sunbathing, surfing and walking. If you’re looking for a fabulous resort in the Algarve with a touch of adventure, look no further than holidays to Armacao de Pera.
Looking for an escape for the whole family? With a winning location – within a 10-minute stroll of three stretches of sand – and a fantastic facilities line-up, the Be Live Family Palmeiras Village has got you covered.
Water babies will be right at home here. There’s a pair of plus-sized pools, both of which are set into spacious sun terraces topped with loungers and parasols. You’ll also find a duo of swimming spots for little ones, as well as a poolside snack bar. And it doesn’t end there – the hotel has its own splash park for kids, and it’s kitted out with waterslides and spouts.
Back on dry land, there’s a jam-packed activity programme to get involved in – we’re talking everything from cooking and dance classes, to yoga and aerobics. Younger guests, meanwhile, will be happy splitting their time between the playground, the video games zone, and the fun-ready kids’ club. Grown-ups with energy to burn will also love the gym, which is home to a ‘Crossfit Jungle’ and areas for cardio and stretching.
When it comes to food and drink, choice is the theme. You’ve got two international buffet restaurants to pick from, as well as a 24-hour snack bar. Then there’s a trio of à la carte places – make your way through the Brazilian grill, the Asian eatery, and the seafood place. The show bar and the lobby bar keep drinks flowing, too.
- Onsite waterpark with a variety of slides, perfect for kids and adults to enjoy
- Splash park perfect for little ones with water guns and waterfall
- 300m from the beach, with direct access from the hotel
- Daytime and Evening entertainment programme with small team games, team sports, family, water-based activities, bingo, in-house entertainment shows, live DJ, live music, mini-disco, professional shows and rep cabaret.
- 4 bars including a lobby bar and pool bar with 24 hour snacks and soft drinks
- 6 restaurants including 3 buffet restaurants and 3 à la carte restaurants, serving a range of Chinese, Thai and Japanese cuisine
- Perfect location just 300m from the nearest bars and restaurants and just a 20 minute drive away from ZooMarine park with seal & dolphin shows, an aquarium & a sandy beach with slides & a wave pool